2024 Islander Portrait Prize
Artists are invited to submit a work of art to the 2024 Islander Portrait Prize. The subject matter should be a person who has a known connection to the Furneaux Islands.
Entries can be submitted in any medium (painting, drawing, digital photography, sculpture, etc.), but the maximum dimensions cannot exceed 1.5m x 1.5m.
The exhibition will be held at the Lady Barron Hall during the Furneaux Islands Festival from January 14-21 The Exhibition Opening is Sunday 14th January 2:00pm. Prizes will be announced then and Audience Choice Award will be announced at the Community BBQ Day on Sunday 21st January
For further information, please contact Sandro Donati on 0429 383 375
Guest Judge Graeme Drendel
We are thrilled to announce artist Graeme Drendel will be the 2024 Islander Portrait Prize guest judge. Victorian-born Drendel has held thirty solo exhibitions since 1990 in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, and Canberra, and is represented in many public and private collections throughout Australia.
Read More at https://www.graemedrendel.com.au/
Terms & conditions
- There is a maximum limit of 2 entries per artist.
- A non-refundable fee is payable for each artwork entered. Adults / Juniors $15 per work
- Artworks entered must have been created after June 2022.
- An artwork that has been awarded any art prize or has been entered in the previous Islander Portrait Prize Competition or the Flinders Island Show, is not eligible for a prize.
- Changes must not be made to any artwork once it has been delivered to Lady Barron Hall.
- Works to be hung on the wall must be suitably framed, with a hanging system attached, and the title of the work and the artist’s name on the back. Maximum size 1.5m x 1.5m, maximum weight 20kg.
- Consideration of suitability for display at the Lady Barron Hall will be at the discretion of the Furneaux Community Arts Inc
- Images may be used to promote the Islander Portrait Prize. Copyright remains with the artist.
By entering your piece/s you acknowledge that the Furneaux Islands Festival, Furneaux Community Arts Inc, and Flinders Council are not responsible for any damage caused to your artwork while in their possession throughout the exhibition.
- Entry is open to everyone, from first-time artists to seasoned professionals. There are two categories – Adult and Junior.
- The subject should be a person who has a known connection to the Furneaux Islands.
- Entries can be submitted in any medium, but not limited to (painting, drawing, digital, photography, sculpture)
Islander Portrait Prize Competition Prizes
Major prizes will be awarded by the 2024 Guest Judge Graeme Drendel.
A People’s Choice Award will be chosen by the general public who view the exhibition.
Conditions of Entry
- How to Enter
- ENTRY FORM
An entry form for each artwork must be completed by the artist and submitted online no later than December 22. Late entries will not be accepted.
- ENTRY FEES
Must be paid no later than January 5 by direct deposit to Furneaux Community Arts.
Bank details: BSB 633 000 Account 160 393 443
Give reference: Portrait prize and artist’s name
- DELIVERY OF ARTWORK/S
The artist is responsible for arranging delivery to Lady Barron Hall at one of these times:
9.00 – 10.30am Thursday January 11
12.00 – 5.00pm Friday January 12