Shout Out to the Bakers and Pie Makers of the Furneaux Islands.
FIRST PRIZE $150 cash
Join in the inaugral 2021 Furneaux Islands Festival Pie Competition.
Serve us up your best ‘island inspired pie’ to be in the running for some amazing prizes and bragging rights for at least a year.
Pies will be judged at the Twilight Market Street Party by an expert panel of cooks – Anne Campbell, Vicky Harper and Fiona WynwoodRobertson. Well known around Flinders Island for their witty banter and cooking prowess.
Official Rules for the Furneaux Islands Festival Pie Competition
- Furneaux Islands Festival Pie Competition is open to all community members of the Furneaux Islands.
- All entries must be homemade – you can use premade pastry if you like.
- 1 entry per person allowed into the contest.
- Each entry includes 2 pies of the same kind and a $5 entry fee.
- Entries may be sweet or savoury.
- Entry forms and entry fee of $5 per entry must be submitted by 4:30pm on Thursday January 21st to Flinders Council office
- Pies must be delivered on Friday 22nd January from 4:00pm – 5:00pm at the CWA Rooms.
- Judging will take place on the steps of the Interstate Hotel stage during the Twilight Festival Street Party and the winners announced after that.
- Prizes will be given after winners are announced.
Pies will be judged on creativity, taste and overall appearance !